Daystar Design Forum
July 23, 2014, 12:00:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
  Print  
Author Topic: Skip Beat (New Series)  (Read 17374 times)
Pegasus Rider
Official Potty-Mouth
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #105 on: March 03, 2009, 07:46:50 PM »

I thought they were aiming for the standard 26, HOWEVER they just changed the opening and ending theme song within the last two episodes or so. Why they would do that if they only have like 6 episodes left I dunno. Plus I think Skip Beat is just as popular over there as it is over here.

My guess? I'm hoping they'll finish the Dark Moon arc, which would probably be 6 or 7 more episodes, and then maybe they'll hold off for another year or two until the mangaka gets far ahead of them again? I dunno if this dream will ever be realized though.

I think the major thing is that the manga does not have an end at this moment, and it's not exactly winding down either.

Bottom line: I don't know. Sad
mikare

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #106 on: March 03, 2009, 09:33:35 PM »

I just have to say that I totally adore the new ending!!! The opening is alright, but not really my style. I really like ballads Tongue And the lyrics seem to really fit, especially considering what comes up next. I won't say for those of us who don't know Wink

But I'm curious too, to know how they'll "end" it. There's definitely no end in sight for the manga itself, since I'm sure it's still wildly popular. Cuz if they keep at it, they're bound to overpass what's already out for manga.
MyrrhLynn
Administrator

Say it like Merlin

View Profile Email
« Reply #107 on: March 04, 2009, 06:39:54 PM »

I won't say for those of us who don't know Wink
Hahah, why thank you.

Okay now I have bad news so please don't kill me.  Here's what I found on wikipedia

This is a list of episodes of the anime series Skip Beat!, based on the manga series of the same name written by Yoshiki Nakamura. Produced by Hal Film Maker, and directed by Kiyoko Sayama, the series will span one season.[1] The first season, comprising twenty five episodes, premiered on TV Tokyo in Japan on October 5, 2008 and is ongoing.
mikare

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #108 on: March 04, 2009, 08:50:15 PM »

Oh my gosh!! Reaaaally?!

I guess that it ends after this arc then... Sad I guess that's the best place to end it though cuz this is one of the major sections and the next major section is like uh... Still being written.

So does that mean it's completely completely done after the first season, or are they going to do another one, or is it like something that's still in the air. Like the part about it saying the series will span one season makes it seem final that it's the -only- season, but the fact that the next sentence says "the first season" hints that their might be another. Cuz wouldn't you say "the season" instead of numbering it?!

Ahaha, technicalities I know... I guess the only way to find out is stay tuned. Boo~
I was enjoying it!! Cuz it's one of the rare animes that I've been keeping up with lately >_<
MyrrhLynn
Administrator

Say it like Merlin

View Profile Email
« Reply #109 on: March 05, 2009, 04:06:23 PM »

I'm guessing one = one and they won't be making anymore.  I mean look at Fruits Basket.  That anime was very popular and the manga even more so but they never went back and added more episodes.  Actually other then FMA I can't really think of a series that they let sit for a long time and then went back and did another anime season for.  Well... Nodame I guess... but that's it.

Yes I'm sad too as that was one of the few shows I had to watch every week and actually knew what day of the week it comes out on.  XD
mikare

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #110 on: March 06, 2009, 09:26:35 PM »

Aww, I guess that's true. And they were doing such a good job of it Sad

Oh well. I guess we can only enjoy it while it lasts. I just hope they end it nicely then if it's really the end, end.
Pegasus Rider
Official Potty-Mouth
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #111 on: March 07, 2009, 02:47:25 AM »

I don't know... They've been hinting at the shades of romance between Kyoko and Ren and the... thing that is between Kyoko and Fuwa... but if they end it with the dark moon arc there isn't going to be a nice way to tidy that up.  Undecided I guess time will tell to see how good they do on this. I mean either way it will have to be open ended... buttttt I'm not sure where they would end it. And it still brings up the question of "Why would you bring in a new opening/ending song for the last 6 episodes??"
mikare

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #112 on: March 07, 2009, 05:25:28 PM »

Yah, that new op/ed thing is a bit odd cuz usually if it's only 25 episodes, they just keep it the same for all of them. I don't really know why they would change it, unless it's supposed to match with the story more... *shrugs*

It does seem odd to change it right near the end, especially if it's only for 6 episodes. (New one starting episode 20...)

Gah! I guess the only way to know for sure is to keep watching and waiting. I'll have to double check those chapters cuz I don't really remember how it ended in the manga, but there wasn't a clean cut ending from what I recall and it's still very crappy of an ending. I mean things just get started and then it's like "THE END!".
Pegasus Rider
Official Potty-Mouth
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #113 on: March 09, 2009, 11:55:50 AM »

adslfkjsdf So Anime Season uploaded the episode today (that's a little later than usual but I forgive them. I'm just happy to get it) But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.  Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry
There's something Wronnggggg with it so the video and audio are way off!! I was like screaming in agony because this is a GOOD episode so I only watched the opening song and decided to wait on it.  Cry So much sadness....
mikare

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #114 on: March 09, 2009, 07:21:11 PM »

Ehh?! I just watched it on AnimeSeason and it was fine!!

It was such a good episode!! ^__^

Ogata sounded better this time and though Ren was drawn funny again... Well, he had a really good scene Cheesy So I can't complain!

And Kyoko's part with Yashiro before she runs off... haha, it was funny~ I think Yashiro's an awesome supporting character!

I'm just a little anxious to see how far they go before they stop... Cuz one of my favorite parts is where Rory comes to visit and he has a chat with Ren in the trailer while Kyoko's doing the figure-8s outside of the trailer. Lolz, so cute! That -is- before the end of the arc right? It should be because yeah... Okay. I won't say too much more cuz myrrh's reading this Tongue
Pegasus Rider
Official Potty-Mouth
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #115 on: March 09, 2009, 09:08:16 PM »

I dunno, you're right that is probably the end of the arc. I thought they would end it after that funny named city. (With Fuwa and all of that)

And Actually I think Myrrh might be reading the manga! Cheesy Last week she was asking me what chapter the previous anime episode ended at! Cheesy
MyrrhLynn
Administrator

Say it like Merlin

View Profile Email
« Reply #116 on: March 10, 2009, 06:20:42 PM »

Lol yes, that was my "weekend project".  XD  I've caught up to the current chapter of the manga (wah, took a long time though, this series moves as slow as Bleach plot development wise!

I really enjoyed that part where Kyoko is wandering around outside too!  I hope we get to see that animated.  Only a few episodes left though.  T_T
Pegasus Rider
Official Potty-Mouth
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #117 on: March 11, 2009, 12:45:11 PM »

Tongue I don't think it moves slow at all!

There's only...1 filler arc I think. (The one with Moko) and Bleach has TONS of filler arcs.

But I will admit this arc is moving a little slow for my tastes. I mean it's intense and everything.... but by now she should have won out.
mikare

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #118 on: March 16, 2009, 12:35:50 AM »

The latest arc is slow moving... But that's for the manga discussion XD

But noooo!!! It's not at the episode I thought it was yet!!! The next episode is the one that should have my favorite part... IF they decide to play that part >_< From the preview of episode 22, I thought Rory would show up. But he hasn't yet. That's in episode 24 and then there's like one more episode after that... Grr!! I don't want it to end!!!! Embarrassed Embarrassed

Oooh oooh!!! But episode 23 has a NAKED REN in it!!!! Ahaha, well... Not like they show it ALL, but he's in the shower! Wink And they show him topless before the part where he goes to watch Tsukimorigami (?) after taking his shower!! YUM~

haha, always gotta squeal about his lovely scenes~ Grin
« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 12:37:40 AM by mikare » Logged
MyrrhLynn
Administrator

Say it like Merlin

View Profile Email
« Reply #119 on: March 19, 2009, 05:44:36 PM »

Lol I got all Sqeee!  athat scene too. XD Even if they didn't show "everything" they showed enough (his bare chest, sigh).

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
  Print  

Jump to: