Daystar Design Forum
December 22, 2014, 12:33:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I hate mice (in my house)  (Read 5126 times)
MyrrhLynn
Administrator

Say it like Merlin

View Profile Email
« on: May 11, 2008, 01:29:09 PM »

ARGH!  So we've had mice in the house I live in basically since last fall.  I've caught about 3 of them in traps so far.  I thought that was all of them but I started hearing a new one in the walls a few weeks ago and Friday night I SAW it run down the hallway.  It was HUGE, we are talking like GODZILLLA mouse! 

I installed this device in my room and another in the hallway that is supposed to make a high frequency noise that mice hate and drives them away.  I don't really have anything against catching mice (especially since it's the summer and they should be outside not in our walls) but really I'd rather not deal with their bodies (or see them at all, kthx).  I'm not sure if the stupid things work though.  The mouse I saw tried to run INTO my room, and I don't know if he ran away because he saw me or because he heard the noise. 

It's really kind of sad how I dislike them so much.  I'm not a wimp or anything, but for some reason when I see a mouse I want to scream and I have this unnatural fear that it's going to run to me and crawl up my jeans or something.  >_>
Pegasus Rider

Email
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2008, 07:48:40 PM »

Some mice are cute. Most are not.

Good look with this fat little sucker. I heard those high frequency things are supposed to work on moles and groundhogs too or something. Keep us updated!
mikare

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2008, 11:07:03 AM »

Haha, that's such a funny topic for me... We had mice problems last summer and my dad bought this "Catchmaster" thing for the garage... It seems like they were in between our floorboards or something. Anyways, we would routinely check this thing cuz they get trapped inside on this sticky tab where they can't escape...

The last time we used it... My gosh! It was entirely disgusting... We caught a total of 5 mice in there!! Three of them were dead cuz they were stuck on that sticky tab. The later two... The tab wasn't sticky anymore and one of the live ones ended up eating the dead ones... Sick! It was like a huge fat furry ball!!

Generally, I think mice are cute... But I scream when they run over my foot! Like one of them did many years back when we had the same problem. My dad has always been the one to clean up the problems... So I don't have to touch dead mice or anything like that. Eww... Yuck.
MyrrhLynn
Administrator

Say it like Merlin

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2008, 01:50:40 PM »

Whoa if a mice ran over my foot I think I would die (after I screamed loud enough to wake the dead in a 50 mile radius).  X_X

Yeah I have these little traps that like seal up so I don't have to even see the mouse I just throw the whole thing away.  But that giant guy I saw last week wouldn't even fit in those, so I hope he gets caught in the other trap.  :X

That is so sick though about the one mouse eating the othe ones.  Ewwwwwww.
mikare

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2008, 10:41:37 AM »

Lolz, maybe it's just my personality... But I'm the type of person who gets grossed out, yet fascinated at the same time. I remember "monitoring" the process to see how that guy was doing with his meal... And then they got cooked, cuz it was so hot ^^;;
Pegasus Rider
Official Potty-Mouth
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2008, 11:36:30 PM »

Blleeehhh I remember when this mole thing got into our house. We brought the cat in and she just stared at it and was all excited to be in the house!!

Pet mice are cute, but not pet mice are creepy! I'm like, afraid they're going to bite my ankles and give me rabies or something.
MyrrhLynn
Administrator

Say it like Merlin

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2008, 11:21:39 AM »

Lol, we should start a new topic, this one makes it hard for me to sleep in my room at night.  XD
MagicOPromotion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2009, 08:37:50 AM »

I dont mind hmg users there kinda fun to jump around and ps in the face when there not expecting it haha.   

Though I really do hate them in circle, its really damn nasty..

-zeirth

XRumer 5.0 Palladium: best promotion software
neonchandelier

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2009, 11:45:31 PM »

Haha, I love mice and it always makes me laugh to hear how different people respond to them.  Although I do understand to be scared of the deseases they may carry, I can't help but think that they're cute.

My mom is in the same boat as you though.  The one night she was watching an extermination show featuring -you guessed it! - Mice.  I had just let the cat into the house with a mouse (by accident, of course) and she was so freaked out she kept screaming at me to get it while she watched from her spot standing on the chair.   I wound up with it trapped between the dust pan and a margrin container.  Did you know they can  jump?  I just about had a heart attack when it jumped from the stairs where I was trying to scoop it up.  The poor little thing was in shock when I  finally put it out in the garden.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: