Daystar Design Forum
November 25, 2014, 10:42:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  
Author Topic: DS Japanese Dating Sims!  (Read 42370 times)
Pegasus Rider
Official Potty-Mouth
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW Email
« on: July 08, 2008, 08:33:58 PM »

Ku ku ku!

I, the great and masterful Pegasus Rider, am a second year Japanese student! (Which puts me on the same level as a mute pre-K Japanese kid! Woot!) Because of this I like to pretend I can play Japanese video games!

So I was wondering if anyone ever heard of any DS Japanese Dating Sim games. I currently have 2 in my collection. Tokimeki Memorial High.

With my meager Japanese the only way I can even kinda sorta get away with it is that the characters all talk to me. Actually that's the only reason why I play dating sims. It's the only Japanese game I can play in which the characters speak pretty much everything they say. Of course I only play the ones For Girls. In example...

Tokimeki: Both games center around YOU, the heroine! You attend Tokimeki Memorial high school. You have several boys you can interact with, become friends with and so on. (You also have several females you can room with or befriend.) It's very...confusing. The kanji makes me cry.

SO what other games do you guys recommend? It doesn't have to absolutely be DS, but if it's not please give what platform its for!
mikare

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 10:48:38 PM »

Well, I'm completely Japanese illiterate so I can't play these games at all...

I've heard of that one though!! I remember finding this random icon of one of the guys. At the time, I had no idea who he was or even where he came from... But I liked him just the same Tongue I later found out (somehow) that he's from that game... haha.

Oh yeah, now I remember. I was surfing around for images and came across a collection of images from some site and his was under one that was specifically for the series. The rest of them just came as "miscellaneous guys" pictures.

I've heard of other ones before, but now I can't remember them. I didn't really pay attention since they were in Japanese anyways.

*sigh* I so need to learn Japanese...
MyrrhLynn
Administrator

Say it like Merlin

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 09:19:44 AM »

What other one do you have PR?  o_O

You should try to track down La Corda, I think at least one of those is for the DS.
Pegasus Rider
Official Potty-Mouth
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 09:42:39 AM »

There are two Tokimeki for the DS. I have both of them. (One is like...seaside bliss or something equally stupid and the other is the original.)

I know there is an Angelique game for the DS...My worry though is the whole "World Building Thing". I'm 100% positive I would probably lose, mostly because I would accidentally send an earthquake to smite my people or something. I can see it now, the game would probably start cussing at me. "YOU KILLED ALL YOUR CITIZENS YOU #@)$*(@#$)( MORON!"
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 09:44:21 AM by Pegasus Rider » Logged
Pegasus Rider
Official Potty-Mouth
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2008, 08:15:05 PM »

Hahah Turns out there's also an "In a Distant Time" game as well. Again, I'm a little leery since I think I 'm actually expected to do something in there besides show up for school....

I can see it now:

*The game screen is shaking and black* "Way to go moron. You just brought the smiting anger of God down on us. Congratulations."

XD I'll let you guys know how it goes.

As for Tokimeki though, Cheesy I actually have the dude up to a Smiley level! It took FOREVER!! Ugh, I spent like HALF AN HOUR making perfect chocolate for him for Valentines day and his little love meter thing didn't go up AT ALL. But I take him to the park and called him stupid and it sky rocketed. Such a terrible relationshi ???p.
mikare

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2008, 10:10:46 PM »

As for Tokimeki though, Cheesy I actually have the dude up to a Smiley level! It took FOREVER!! Ugh, I spent like HALF AN HOUR making perfect chocolate for him for Valentines day and his little love meter thing didn't go up AT ALL. But I take him to the park and called him stupid and it sky rocketed. Such a terrible relationshi ???p.
Lolz, that's hilarious! XD I guess different things turn on different guys... Half an hour making chocolates though... Wow. Talk about dedication~
MyrrhLynn
Administrator

Say it like Merlin

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2008, 09:09:16 AM »

Lol, I'm guessing it was 1/2 an hour because she had to start over a lot.  Tongue  XD

And oh hey look what I found!  http://forum.my-neoromance.com/index.php?showforum=21
Pegasus Rider
Official Potty-Mouth
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2008, 02:05:43 PM »

Yeah I restarted like...2 or three times.

Anyway, 2 dates later and the dude I'm going after is at  Cheesy. Talk about weird. But I'm super glad because now HE invites ME on dates and asks me to walk home with him and all of that stuff so I no longer have to call him/waste my precious weekends on trying to set up a date with him.

Best yet HE TALKS TO ME IN INFORMAL JAPANESE!! (Which happens to be the style I am most fluent in) Hahahah yeah so now I can FINALLY understand him. It was weird we were in the middle of a date and he was like (This is a VERY rough English translation.) "What did Miss Honda (me) plan for today? I can't really say that I appreciate that plan." *RANDOM SWITCH* "I had a lot of fun today Kyoko. We should hang out more!"

I was like "THANK GOD I CAN UNDERSTAND HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Wink Grin

Lol there's another game I learned about. I forget what it's called but it's where you're this super fat/ugly girl. (Once upon a time you were a pretty beauty queen, but you loved junk food WAY too much and indulged too much soooo now you're insanely fat.) You attend this elite school and live in these elite (And thankfully(??) all boy's apartment-y dorm things) and get made fun of. Sooo your brother encourages you to become the #1 girl in the school and gets you all pumped up.

The point of the game is to lose weight and steal the heart of the guy you target. Kinda...interesting.

LOL I found this other game where the love interests are male wrestlers and part of the game is where you wipe sweat off them after every match. XD It is kinda creepy but I almost want to check and see what the game is like!!
mikare

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2008, 07:59:16 PM »

Haha, those are weird... The fat/ugly chick turns into super beauty is such a common theme they use though. Like they have mangas based on that idea and shows based on that, so why not a game as well!

As for the wiping sweat off wrestlers... Uh, if you're into that sort of thing I guess XD Lolz, sounds kinda creepy-ish to me.
Pegasus Rider
Official Potty-Mouth
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2008, 02:54:09 PM »

XD I am so not into wiping sweat off of people, but there was a super funny clip that was released about it from IGN. I can't find it atm, but I'll edit this post with the address when I DO find it.  Cheesy
MyrrhLynn
Administrator

Say it like Merlin

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2008, 11:41:25 AM »

Yeah that video seems weird.  XD

So how's the boy doing now PegasusRider?
Pegasus Rider
Official Potty-Mouth
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2008, 08:16:57 PM »

Swimmingly EXCEPT Cry I can't win the hundred meter dash!

But Shiba still takes to me in informal so now I no longer have to do eenie meenie minnie mo when he presents me with an option after talking at me for five minutes.

What I don't get is, he seems to be something of a sadist. He's always taking me to the amusement park even though he HATES that place! The rollar coaster is the only thing that doesn't make him sick, and he doesn't particularly enjoy it. UGGHHHH the girl I'm best friends with made us (Her guy, me and Shiba) go to the amusement park for her birthday? There was NO WAY I was riding with him on the Merry Go Round and Ferries Wheel (Both of which make him sick) because then he would probably get angry with me, so my best friend was "SDLFJSDLFKJ I DON'T WANT TO RIDE WITH YOU!!!" when I insisted she and I sit together instead of me sitting by Shiba. It was actually kinda funny. XD Ironically my best friend's date didn't enjoy himself too much. I bet Shiba threw up on him.

(What is REALLY funny is Shiba is supposed to be the 'manly man' out of the game. He's in the baseball club for crying out loud!"
MyrrhLynn
Administrator

Say it like Merlin

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2008, 02:02:29 PM »

Lolol, so who did you pick as your best friend?  Or is it just the one girl who you thought was going to beat you up?  Maybe he takes you to the amusement park to make it harder to win him over?  Does he actually go up in <3 after going there with you?

And hahaha, it was her birthday and she wanted to sit by her boyfriend but you made her sit by you.  How unromantic.  XD
Pegasus Rider
Official Potty-Mouth
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2008, 06:25:39 PM »

Uh, no I did not pick the yakuza type wife chicka. I picked genki girl, osaka slang Haruhi.

And yes, even a sick Shiba can appreciate me and go up in <3 level. Not very much but hey, beggars can't be choosers. Still better than me having to waste my weekends calling him. Now I can sleep! <3
mikare

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2008, 10:30:30 PM »

Ah~ Sounds funny XDD

I guess they have to give the characters depth or else it'd be pretty boring otherwise... But how mean of you to make your friend sit with you when it's her birthday Tongue Maybe he would have liked you more if you helped clean him up after he got sick Grin
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  

Jump to: